Monday, October 15, 2012

Indian Summer in Chicago

My first time in Chicago and I had a wonderful weather for the whole visit as the temperatures were way above average, the highest being +27 C decrees.


The Windy City certainly showed its best sides.


The weather was ideal for a ferry trip from Navy Pier.


Chicago is known for its numerous skyscraper, the tallest one being Willis Tower on 527 m.  


















































There are also lovely green areas of which Lincoln Park with its surroundings was my favourite one.




















There is also a free Zoo at the Lincoln Park.
 














In Downtown there is a another large green area between Millenium Park and Grant Park.



Agora sculptures are located in the south end of the park area.














Whereas Anish Kapoor's Cloud Gate is situated in the north end.



















So many appealing museums along The Magnificent Mile, of which The Art Institute of Chicago situating just next to Cloud Gate. The museum is huge and although I walked around several hours I have a feeling that I only saw a glimpse.

Katharina Fritsch














 








Jackson Pollock


Andy Warhol













Besides museums there are lots of cultural activities and it is easy to find all the events from magazines like Time Out and on free weekly magazines.



So besides admiring the wonderful night view from John Hancock Building it is easy to find after-hour activities, such as concerts and theatre.


This time I was lucky enough to see excellent musical Kinky Boots by Harvey Fierstein and Cyndi Lauper as well as gigs by Gossip and The Raveonettes.







If I had staeyed longer I had easily found more things to do. I guess that means that I need to travel to Chicago again some time in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment