Sunday, October 21, 2012

Joyful Noise In Chicago

During one week in Chicago I managed to attend two concerts with five live acts.

The arrival evening I went straight away to Lincoln Hall to see Danish duo The Raveonettes. I really liked the venue as it was relatively easy to see the stage both from downstairs and upstairs.


There were two warm-up bands of which I like the first one Cold Showers more. Their plain style remained me of one of my favourite bands The National.


Second warm-up band was French Melody's Echo Chambers, which did not impress me that much. Their sound is much better on record than live.


But The Raveonettes was as cool and stylish as expected.


Both Sune and Sharin's voices sounded great and harmonic. 


A week later I went to Bottom Lounge to see Gossip. The venue was pretty small and crowded (sold-out), but funtioned well. The warm-up acts Bonnie Montgomery and Magic Mouth were quite vapid.














Beth Ditto's stage apperance was really energetic and her voice as captivating as on album.


















So according to my judgement the last gig was the best one.




No comments:

Post a Comment