Friday, December 21, 2012

Ursula Martinez: My Stories, Your Emails

Ursula Martinez is a British writer, performer and cult cabaret diva. She is best know for her Hanky-Panky macig striptease act and overall mixing nudity with comedy. Out of interest I went to see her My Stories, Your Emails performace at Korjaamo.

 
















The first half of the performance was about short and funny stories about Ursula's family and life and the second half was about the messages she had received from strangers after Hanky Panky live act was recorded and published in the internet.


The show took about an hour and Ursula was a funny character with witty humour, but I though the act was somewhat lame. Just laughing at other people and their accents is not sufficient plot for a show. And yes, there was nudity included, although I though it had nothing to do with the performance itself. Blah!



No comments:

Post a Comment