Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day Trip To Lake Como

While in Milan it is definitely worth taking a day tour at Lake Como. You can easily get a train from Milan Central Station to Como (San Giovanni) and walk to the Como ferry terminal. However, it is good to check the timetables in advance in order to plan your schedule.  

Como seaview
Ferries stop in several villages and it is so relaxing just to adore the beautiful scenery on the way. You can either sit on the deck or inside depending on the weather. Coffee and some food is served on board.




Ferry trip from Como to Bellagio, where two legs of the lake meet, took some 2 hours. So many cute villages and beautiful views on the way.



















Bellagio harbour

Bellagio is a charming little village and you could explore its picturesque surroundings by foot. Little bit touristic and can be really crowded during the high season.


We ate at Restaurant Salice Blu, which went directly on my top list. Outstanding food, fantastic service and charming athmosphere. It was nice to get seating on the pretty terrace outside, but inside it is also very cozy. It is recommended to book the table in advance and if you do not have a car the restaurant provides free shuttle service from Bellagio.

First starter
Difficult choices



















Chef Luigi Candola is the heart of the place and despite of his your age he is very talented and has won lots of international competitions. Chef Luigi gave us good recommendations for the menu and I must admit that I have never had so delicious pasta in my life. All the portions were superb both visually and taste-wise.

Fish for main course
Pasta as one of the starters


















Unfortunately I was so full after 4 courses that I was unable to order a dessert. So untypical for me, but this just tells how delicious the food was. This is the restaurant I want to visit again!

Overall I had high expectations for my visit to Lake Como and I must admit that those were fulfilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment