Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Day In Photos

Tuesday 15th May was all about Aday.org theme: picture today, inspire tomorrow. Just another ordinary Tuesday, but still so different when looking at different people's lives. Purpose of the project was to invite different people to take photoes of their normal activities during the day. Categories for photoes were home, work and connections and one was able to load 10 photoes all taken on Tuesday.


I found this really interesting concept as different people would share their perceptions of the world during the day. Also, for myself this was tempting idea to look my day as my schedule variates so much day by day. And it made me think about my time management challenges.

Basically you can divide the day in three parts: 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work and 8 hours of leisure time. That should serve just fine, but if one sleeps and works more than 8 hours the remaining free time becomes less. And it really is precious to dedicate spare time to things that matter in order to enjoy life to the full. For me that is meeting friends, walking, having coffee, watching movies, going to town, listening to great music, reading, dinner parties or exercising.

Frozen yogurt from Yobot
Chilling at Yobot












This Tuesday I had planned and booked plenty of other things besides the work and managed to carry out my program quite as planned. Sun was shining in the morning and I had some errands to run in the center of Helsinki before going to work. Working till 18.00 and going for a cafe after work. Then meeting a friend and going to see Juha Lehti (lead singer of Sir Elwoodin Hiljaiset Värit) at Korjaamo. As it was such a gorgeous evening I also took a short walk in Töölö before going to home.

Korjaamo
Juha Lehti

Sunset at Taivallahti, Töölö
Like Martti Ahtisaari, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and former President of Finland decribed the event: “The scope and diversity of this project makes it unique. It puts everyone’s life in the centre of a giant story of our times, yet to be told.”. 

Ps. Here is my aday.org profile and 10 photoes: aday


No comments:

Post a Comment