Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer In The City

It is so wonderful to be on holiday and enjoy your hometown without any timetables or schedules. Today I was walking around downtown Helsinki the whole day just enjoying summer.


It is always good to start the day with good coffee and therefore I first took a coffee break at Brooklyn Cafe in Viiskulma.


After that I walked around Punavuori occasionally popping into the shops and doing some minor shopping.


There are so many attractive boutiques at Freda and I found a neat metal storage box on sale at Pino.


On a way I bought some berries, peas and flowers at Fredantori




I also went to Hietalahti Flea Market (Hietsun kirppis) and bought 2 books for 3 € (Barack Obama: Dreams From My Father and Märta Tikkanen: Yksityisalue).

 

Then to Forum Box gallery to see the much talked-about exhibition Art Is So Gay.

















And after all walking a fine lunch at Boulevard Social: artichokes, lamb and pannacotta.

Lamb chops and polenta
I call this a fine summer day!




No comments:

Post a Comment