Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Visit At Tammerfest In Tampere

Tampere is only 2,5 hours away from Helsinki by train, so it was very handy to make a short trip there for Tammerfest city festival. For this visit in Tampere we had planned to eat well, see two bands and just take it easy and enjoy summer. And the mission was successfully accomplished.

We had dinner at Restaurant C, which instantly became my favourite restaurant in Tampere.

Ravintola C, Rautatienkatu 20, Tampere
Restaurant was quite tiny with less than 40 seats. Interiors were plain and simple, but Iittala's Taika collection plates brought little bit of twist to table setting.

















The flavours were delectable and the service was superb. As I do not drink wines I cannot comment on them, but the restaurant is especially known for their good selection of wines. Handmade breadsticks were salty and a tasty appetizer with ecological beer.

Me and my friend both had smoked whitefish as the main course and it was excellent. However, the highligt of the dinner was the dessert or actually both of them. I had refreshing and sweet strawberry mint milkshake and I had never thought that strawberries and mint go so well together. My friend ate rhubarb with rose, which tasted like roses. 

I would definitely go here again just to eat these gorgeous desserts (although the main course was also great, but the desserts just blew our minds).

Whitefish
Milkshake

Rhubarb with roses
  








  












After the great dinner it was time to head to Klubi and see Tammerfest festival gigs of two Swedish bands The Nomads and The Soundtrack Of Our Lives.












This was my first ever The Nomads gig and liked them so much that will go to see them again at Tavastia in the autumn.TSOOL I have seen several times and they are now on the farewell tournee so hopefully there are some more Finland gigs scheduled for the rest of the year.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment