Monday, April 2, 2012

Chisu-licious Music

My absolute favourite Finnish artist at the moment is the gorgeous Chisu.


I have slowly grown into loving her music. The first album Alkovi in 2008 did not hit me that hard, although I remember the artist as a person and the hit song Mun koti ei oo täällä. The song was chosen as the best song of the year in Emma Gaala. Following year was even better as Chisu got three Emma awards: the best song, critics choice and the best producer as the first woman ever. You just have to admire such a multi-talented woman!

When I listened to the second album Vapaa ja yksin I was completely sold.Haunting songs with magnificent lyrics and beautiful voice. Sama nainen is still my favourite Chisu song

My first Chisu gig was at Ruisrock festival in July 2010 and I was really impressed by her stage charisma as well as the fabulous voice.
Ruisrock 2010
After the Ruisrock gig I started actively listening to Chisu and was eagerly waiting for latest album Kun valaistun, which was released in 2011. First single Sabotage was brilliant as are the rest of the songs in the album.


So far I have seen two gigs from the current tournee: November at Tavastia and April in Savoy. And I definitely want to see more!
Tavastia November 2011

Savoy April 2012
Airot mun käsissä veneessä istun
Kun oikeella vedän mä oikeelle liikun
Kunpa elämä toimisi näin
Veis mut minne haluun eikä myrskyjä päin

Mut just tällä hetkellä ei taivaal oo pilven häivää
Ja mä oon veneretkellä keskellä tyyntä päivää

Chisu - Veneretki 




No comments:

Post a Comment