Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gorgeous Chicks' Easter Party

Easter long weekend - what a great opportunity to arrange a dinner party with friends.

Dinner party had yellow colour theme in decorations as well as in food.

Daffodils and catkins
Easter hen


















Candy Store Sweetheart got some nice colourful sweets in addition to decorations. And it was lot sweets eaten during the evening. Need to have a short break before visiting Sweetheart again...

Easter sweets
Candy Store Sweetheart


















I did grocery shopping at Stockmann the very same morning. As I often need help and guidance with my simple cookings I prefer shopping at Stockmann or some smaller food stores where you can get good service. And yet again Stockmann managed to exceed my expectations: I needed mature avocados for the same evening and they were hand-picked to me by the staff. Ten points for the service - I have sent feedback to the store!

First course was avocado prawn salad, a simple yet tasty appertizer by a recipe I took from Me Naiset magazine.

Avocado prawn salad
Recipe
Ready-to-eat avocados and fresh, not frozen prawns from Stockmann with a slight hint of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. 

Main course was my hit recipe Dragon Chicken, which was so delicious that it disappeared before I got a photo of it :-).

Dessert was finger-licking good lemon pudding that I got recipe also from Me Naiset. I was little bit nervous how this dessert will turn out as you needed to use gelatine, but it was actually pretty simple. So pleased that it was a success and definitely going to make this dessert again!

Lemon pudding
Recipe


















Dessert, coffee + avec












After the dinner it was lots of laughs, deep and funny discussions, good music, dancing (Frontside Ollie), fun and freezing in a taxi queue!

And the next morning refreshing breakfast at my place: strawberry smoothie, Grannas apple juice, God Morgon orange juice, bacon and eggs. 

Morning After Brunch


















Such a yummy Easter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment