Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mexican Restaurant Patrona

After several weeks (or more like months) of talking about it I finally got to test the new authentic Mexican restaurant Patrona in Annankatu. Same owner's Cafe de Nopal already set my expectations high and I must say that they were fulfilled.
Patrona, Annankatu 20
Remembering the popularity of Cafe de Nopal it was a smart idea to book the table well in advance. Luckily the place is bigger than Cafe de Nopal and you are able to do bookings. Easy-going and relaxed athmosphere, yet a little bit noisy. And extremely friendly and helpful service.



















Starter was an easy choise as I am huge fan of avocado. Home-made guacamole was absolutely amazing, so tasty and creamy texture. It was served with delicious totopos, which are soft and delicious crisps.

Guacamole and Totopos
Overall the menu was attractive and there were many options to choose from. And the portions were huge! As a curiousity there was a chicken tortilla with mole sauce in the list. I have tasted this exciting chocolate sauce once in Barcelona and was not brave enought to take it again. Therefore I sticked to the safe Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde.

Flan
It was way too much to eat starter, main course and dessert, but I could not resist the sweet and sticky Flan Casero. And now I got really interested in the lemon pie after seeing it. Maybe it would be a good idea to skip the main course and just take starters and desserts....  


The only thing I could wish for are Strawberry Margaritas on the list.

Patrona - see you soon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment