Saturday, June 23, 2012

Calling Moon And Moon

I absolutely adore talented Natasha Khan and magical music of Bat For Lashes.


I first discovered Bat For Lashes in 2009 when the second album Two Suns was released. So many amazing songs like the big hit Daniel and my absolute favourite Siren Song.

Needless to say that I was over the moon after hearing that there will be a new album Haunted Man to be released in October and a concert tour this summer. The only downside was that the concert tour consists mainly festivals, but luckily there was a club gig at Rockefeller in Oslo so I chose that one over Provinssirock festival in Finland.


Now I have done Rockefeller concert venue hat trick after having visited all their 3 clubs: Joan As Police Woman at John Dee in 2008, Arctic Monkeys at Sentrum Scene in 2011 and now Bat For Lashes at Rockefeller.


And what a brilliant gig it was! I was so happy being able to catch this gig and stand in the front row. Natasha sounded brilliant live and I just adore her music!


We got to hear lots of great old songs from previous albums adapted to her new band and somewhat more perky versions. She also played few new songs, which were more danceable, had more synths and also sounded great, especially Laura.



New album sounds more dancable and it sure made me dance! Super excited about release of Haunted Man.


You are the train that crashed my heart
You are the glitter in the dark
Uh, Laura you are more than a superstar
You will be famous for longer and then
Your name is tattooed on every boy’s skin
Uh, Laura you are more than a superstar
- Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment