Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Want Candy

Today it was a nice sunny spring day and I was enjoying delightful afternoon in downtown Helsinki. So also a perfect momentum to pay a visit to Sweetheart Candy Store at Uudenmaankatu.

Karkkikauppa Sweetheart
And this store is absolutely worth a visit, if not for the sweets, then for admiring the pretty interiors. I read from Sweetheart's Facebook page that the store has featured in last December issue of Finnish design magazine Deko. Unfortunately I have missed the article and it cannot be found from Deko's homepage, but I can totally understand why the magazine has chosen to feature this lovely boutique.


Such a pretty interiors and plenty of colourful sweets. Although the store is tiny there are plenty of appealing products to choose from. Assortment is unique with intereresting brands and totally different from your local market's assortment.

Pick n' mix

Hand-made old-fashioned lollipops
Åre Chokladfabrik's truffles


















I could shop with good conscience as all the treats were for my colleague, not for myself. Therefore I found lots of attractive sweets: Cadbury Bournville Old Jamaica chocolate, Dutch Venco and Oldtimers salty liquorices and some loose candies.

Contents of my shopping basket
I think my next visit will be soon shopping for Easter sweets as there are lots of temptations awaiting...
 
Easter sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment