Sunday, March 11, 2012

Live Concerts I Want To See

I have made a top list of artists and bands I would like to see live. Past few years have had rich supply of concerts both in Finland and Sweden and luckily I have managed to see and hear lots of great live gigs of many fabulous artists. Last year one of my biggest wishes came true when I got to see Bright Eyes and Conor Oberst live - not once, but two times. Absolute highlight of my entire concert-goers career!

Bright Eyes at Debaser Medis in Stockholm 16.2.2011
Year 2012 also seems promising and I have booked lots of concert tickets. Suzanne Vega is one of my all time favourite artists and I have seen her three times before and get yet another change to see her this year. High up in my list is also Coldplay whom I am going to see fourth time in Sweden this year as they have never played in Finland.

Coming concerts this year: Bat For Lashes, Coldplay, Suzanne Vega, Rufus Wainwright, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Iver, Feist among others.

Melissa Horn and Bat For Lashes have both been in my top list for several years. Melissa came to play at Korjaamo's Svenska Talande Klubben in February so I saw her magnificient gig. And I am very pleased that Korjaamo is organizing so many Swedish artists to come and play in Helsinki.

Now I am totally over the moon when I get to see talented Natasha Khan and Bat For Lashes in Oslo in June.


Flow Festival in August is of course one of the highlights. Now the festival is 4 days long so I need to decide on which days I am going there. This year I really look forward to seeing Bon Iver and Feist and of course it would be neat to see Björk. That would mean tickets for Wednesday and Sunday (and skipping Madonna concert on Sunday). Oh, all these big decisions and planning job :-).  

And so far it has been a great beginning for concert year 2012: Anna Ternheim (x 2), Ola Salo, Melissa Horn, First Aid Kit, Cat Power and Ultra Bra.

Melissa Horn at Korjaamo 1.2.2012.
First Aid Kit at Tavastia 6.2.2012.
Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment