Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Artist Discovered

Finding new music makes be extremely happy.

Every day at work I am listening to Radio Helsinki where I tend to find interesting new artists. They have quite a few great DJs and you can find lists of the played songs in their webpage. Also Spotify is a good tool to check which CDs to purchase and its "Sounds like" feature is useful in finding new bands and singers.

Today I have been listening to some great female voices, such as Camera Obscura, this year's Flow guest St.Vincent and my favourite Spanish singer Russian Red's new single Everyday Everynight


Another new discovery is James Vincent McMorrow whom I was tipped off by a Twitter-friend. Totally adore his voice, which has similarities to Bon Iver's:


Latest Finnish discovery has been amazing Antero Lindgren, whose album Rumba magazine named as one of the best one in the beginning of 2012. I really want to hear Antero live sometime soon and already ordered album Mother from Eino Records. Really looking forward to finding some more talented new Finnish singer-songwriters.

Sure there still are so many amazing bands and singers that I have never heard, but everytime I find a new artist I feel really delighted. Keep the good music coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment